Establishing and growing your wellness business takes hard work and patience. Whether you are a personal trainer, meditation guide, or yoga teacher, your passion is likely what drove you to choose this path. In order to make the most of your marketing efforts, you should have an idea of who the right clients are and how to attract them – also known as generating leads.
In this article, we’ll answer questions such as, “What are leads?” and discuss how to find the best-fit clients for your practice.
Table of Contents:
What is a Lead?
A lead is a person who has shown a genuine interest in your products or services. They have provided some basic info, flagging their interest in you.
For a wellness business, this can mean someone subscribing to your newsletter or blog, downloading your content, or sharing their contact information.
Simply put, the more leads you have, the more potential you have to fill your class, workshop, or studio. Turning additional leads into students and clients hinges on how you nurture these leads.
Generating leads isn’t the only way to market your studio for growth. Explore other simple things you can do to jumpstart growth today.
How to Attract the Right Leads for Your Wellness Business
There are a few different strategies to attract the right type of clients for businesses in the wellness niche specifically. Trustworthiness is critical.
Let’s explore ways to lay a solid framework of trust, generate leads, and engage with existing clients.
Put Effort into Your Newsletter
Everyone has a newsletter to subscribe to, but very few are actually subscribed to, and even fewer are read. If you’re going to offer a newsletter, there are two simple criteria to make it appealing:
- Create compelling content that offers value: Your content should resonate with your readers. When it comes to offering value, don’t overthink it. Maybe you’re putting on a workshop, and you give subscribers a special discount code. Include educational resources to deepen readers’ practice or community engagement opportunities.
- Make it look nice: You don’t have to be a graphic designer to have a visually pleasing newsletter. There are countless free content creation tools with templates that do most of the work for you.
Don’t waste your time making a newsletter no one wants to read. Make one that rocks, and it will help grow your business.
Host Webinars with Industry Experts
What’s your area of expertise? Do you have friends in your industry? Have you been wanting to network?
Hosting webinars can be an effective way to attract the right clients while also showcasing your connection to the community. Webinars are almost always free, but most require an email to sign up, which is essential to business growth.
Hosting a webinar has many benefits, including:
- Asking for an email address ensures those who sign up are genuinely interested in the subject.
- Interest in the topic often coincides with interest in your products or services.
- Your audience sees you as an expert or at least trustworthy enough for experts to collaborate with you.
- The contact information participants share is valuable for email marketing and staying in touch.
Create a Lead Magnet
Lead magnets are an opt-in incentive to build interest and get contact information from potential clients or students. Most commonly, you will see an offer for a free resource in exchange for an email address.
The incentive can come in various forms, such as a short audio track, a step-by-step guide presented in a PDF, a webinar, or an eBook.
No matter the medium, lead magnets are designed to contain high-value content from a provider (you, the wellness professional) with the hope that a student or client will be interested in learning more or signing up for your offering.
Creating a lead magnet has benefits, such as:
- Establishes credibility by showcasing your expertise in your niche.
- Once the lead has engaged with the resource, they may be inspired to follow up and take action.
- Gaining contact information builds your list of potential clients.
Get Connie Holen's expert advice on lead generation for wellness businesses in our free webinar
What to Do With Leads Once You Have Them
Once you start implementing the strategies we talked about, your email list will grow. What can you do to keep those leads engaged?
You’ve got to understand your leads and how to engage with them. Categorize your leads according to their interaction with your site, how you acquire a lead can reveal critical details about intent.
- Newsletter signups exhibit medium intent to attend a class or schedule an appointment. Keep in mind some newsletter subscribers are already regular students who want to hear about your other offerings. Newsletter subscribers are truly interested in you and your community, which is incredibly valuable.
- Attending a webinar signals interest in your expertise and meaningful intent to engage with you further (which could mean signing up for classes, but it could also mean attending more webinars and continuing to learn from you).
- Downloading your lead magnet indicates the highest intent to book a service or attend a class.
Having qualified leads means you can tailor messaging and tactics to meet each segment where they are and provide the most relevant resources to keep a warm relationship with prospective clients.
Try OfferingTree Today. Sign Up for a Free Trial
Wellness business owners like yourself often spend too much time and money hopping from one platform to another to manage your business. At OfferingTree, we know administrative tasks may not be your passion.
That’s why we built our all-in-one business platform for wellness-specific businesses to help you work smarter, not harder, and spend more time doing what you love. Sign up for a free trial to try it for yourself or watch a demo.